Senior Radio Frequency Engineer
Description du Poste
As Senior Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer you will be part of our Hardware and Firmware design department. You will be expected to propose and deliver innovative Radio Frequencies designs, mainly in the domains of Ultra Wide Band and Energy Harvesting.
In this context, you will:
- Design and evaluate components and lay-out design using available design and layout tools
- Responsible either for the development or production launch phases of the product compliancy to the specification
- Work independently or lead an engineering team to meet project schedules
- Owner of the RF projects mainly related to UWB and RF Energy Harvesting/Transfer
- Full technical design and development responsibility for complex RF systems assembly
- Mentor RF engineering interns, entry level engineers and less experienced RF designers
- Prepare and present presentations for program design reviews: Circuit designs and tolerance analysis, correlation of simulations and test results, top level system performance analysis, design risk assessment and mitigation plans
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Telecommunications or similar, PhD strongly preferred. Will consider Bachelor's degree candidates with 10+ years of industry experience
- 8+ years of experience as RF Engineer, Systems Engineer, or related title
- Expert in antenna design, fabrication and characterization
- Extensive experience in designing RF systems (filters, mixers, transceivers, amplifiers, etc)
- Expert knowledge of RF testing methods, equipment and best practices
- Understanding of RF component design and selection, including amplifiers, up/down converters, filters, transceivers, etc.
- Familiar with schematic capture, PCB layout, and RF design simulation tools and techniques; familiar with microstrip, CPW, discrete planar microwave components design and simulation
- Hands-on experience carrying experiments in RF and millimeter wave anechoic chamber, and using RF/mm Wave test & measurement equipment such as vector network analyzer (VNA), oscilloscopes, vector signal analyzer, signal generators, I/Q generation, time domain analysis, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all functions and levels in the organisation and externally, including with non-technical people
- Team player in multi-disciplinary teams, and collaborative in approach and style
- High levels of personal integrity and accountability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.